Book Club Teacher
San Francisco, CA • Part-time • $25-$50/hr
Remote Job - Through Zoom Video
Please note selected applicants will conduct a mock session during the interview. Details will be sent through emails.
What is an Online Book Club Teacher?
We are looking for an experienced Teacher for our online book debating academy. Book Club Teacher is a key component to our business that helps students from 1st - 6th grade to be actively engaged and distribute equal speaking time during the discussion. Our Online Book Club Teachers will assure the development of relevant competencies such as logical thinking, reading abilities and necessary debating skills throughout the course. Our Online Book Club Teachers will be leading a small class of students from 1st - 6th grade grouped by different levels.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
2. Fluent Instructional English in speaking and writing
3. Elementary/Middle school teacher experience in the past 3 years.
4. Zoom system requirement:
- Processor - Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- Ram - 4Gb
- Internet - Must have better than 2Mbps download/2Mbps upload internet speed.(Speed test site: https://www.att.com/support/speedtest/)
1. TESOL certification and/or a teaching certificate is a plus (Not required)
2. Experience in writing lesson plans and making curriculum is a plus
3. Masters degree is a plus
- At least 3 classes/week(weekend or weekdays evening time) for at least 4~8 weeks
- MUST read the book to facilitate(Will have to purchase book separately)
- For an Online Book Club Teacher, think of yourself as a literary umpire. It’s your job to make sure every student has the opportunity to respectfully share their opinions of the selection with the group.
- Ensure student understanding of content of the book and identify the needs for reinforced learning of the book content
- Make writing assignments and provide feedback(Comments)
Earn up to $50 /hour. (Only teaching hours counts)
Flexibility with no commute - you can teach part-time
Training/Lesson plan provided by the company